Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1) - Dani Alexander
***I LOVED THIS BOOK EVEN MORE THE SECOND TIME!!!*** May 2013

I just LOVED it, I can put into words what I feel for Peter *SIGH*. I just need [b:Not So Innocent|13420353|Not So Innocent (Shattered Glass, #2)|Dani Alexander|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327195181s/13420353.jpg|18820064] like NOW!

Thanks Ladies for this great BR. I am sooooo glad you popped your cherry with this one!

---------PREVIOUS REVIEW------------- Feb 2013

FIVE HILARIOUS & HOT STARS!!!

I loved this book!!!

This is the story about Austin & Peter, aka Rabbit.

***AUSTIN***

"Tell me something good about your life"

***PETER, AKA RABBIT***

"You"

Austin is working for the FBI, he is about to get married and has a “perfect” life. Enter Peter, aka Rabbit (aka Bunny Slippers). He is the hottest red haired guy ever with the most beautiful blue eyes in the world. What, you don’t trust me? Ok, let Austin explain how blue Peter’s eyes are:

Blue eyes. No, not just blue, blue like glacial waters, like romantic poems, like heavens and moonstones. Cornflower blue. And-
Blue like romantic poems? What the ever-living fuck?

Well, as you can imagine, after their first encounter Austin reconsiders his sexuality but he is sure that he is NOT gay. First, because he was engaged to a woman. Second, because he masturbated to images of women. Third, because people don’t wake up gay… and a lot of more stupid reasons…

So what is the best idea he has? Yes, he goes to talk to Peter and tell him he is NOT gay. OMG! Austin seriously needs help! LOL

”I am not gay”
“Congratulations, would you like a medal?”
“I already have a medal. For bravery, not for being gay. I think you made me gay.”
“I made you gay? Is that better or worse than the person who made you stupid?”

At this point I must say I love reading about people discovering their sexuality , I am kinda tired of people saying ‘hey, he is 20, he should have realized before’. Come on! go fuck yourselves

Austin has a hard time accepting he is gay so he decides to call his sexuality ”bunny-slipper-sexual”

I loved the way Austin was totally attracted to Peter, like he could not stop thinking about him all day long. *SIGH*

”I like you. Even though you’re probably a criminal and are going to get me thrown off the force. And you kicked me. Broke my nose. Made me gay and refuse to kiss me”

I really want to quote the whole damn book because I bookmarked almost every single page! I mean, this is a perfectly written book, I loved loved loved all smart ass comments, it was HILARIOUS, SUPER DIVERTIDO!
And yes, I agree with Austin, Thursdays suck BIG TIME!

Thursdays are that awful place between halfway done and can’t quite see the finish line yet

Days go by and Austin’s feelings get stronger because even though Peter looks like a criminal (or at least his family is) he is also a very special guy who takes care of his family. He is not selfish, he never asks for anything for him, they only thing he wants is protecting his family, specially his brothers Cai & Darryl.

”Tell me something good about your life”
“You”

Austin realizes Peter is really a good guy and decides to help him no matter what, even if he loses his job…

Even the road to Disneyland has potholes
“Money is why I do that. Cai is why I breathe”

Austin & Luis, his co-worker, are investigating a human trafficking operation and Peter is involved in the story so Austin has a hard time to decide if he should be professional or if he should follow his instincts and support Peter and his family (and animals lol).

At the same time he has to deal with his father, who obviously won’t accept him being gay (which is not a problem because Austin doesn’t care).

Funny thing is his father and his ex-fiancee will end up helping Peter and his brothers to prove their innocence.

I don’t really want to spoil their love story and the investigation but I want everyone to read this AH-MAZING & hilarious book, I loved loved loved it! Come on guys, give it a try ;)

”You don’t even know me”
“Which makes it really weird to be falling for you, don’t you think?”

Some of the best quotes on the second half of the book:

*My brilliance could be measured in milligrams

*I’d had better delivered kisses, but the Fourth of July had fewer fireworks than this one

*Gay sex, one. Straight sex, zero.

*”I prefer you overall”
*”It’s a pull out, you two can share”. Over my dead, rotted-to-dust corpse!

*”Your father also killed and maimed people for a living. How about we just place him in the Not-To-Emulate pile?

*”Your decorator? Seriously? How did you not know you were gay?
* You’ve already ruined your career, your marriage, possibly your partnership, definitely your reputation, and most likely your house. Are you really going to draw the line at taking a cat home?

*”I liked it when you called it home” GOOSEBUMPS!

*”And if your ass didn’t hurt I’d fuck you so hard into the mattress you’d forget every word except ‘more’ and ‘please’!”

*”Sucking in bed is probably why he’s changing teams”.

*”Am I anything like you thought?”
“No”. You’re a million times better than I could have imagined

*”Rabbit’s the rock we cling to when we’re drowning. He needs a mountain to hold him up, not another storm that’ll wear away at him”

*”I love you. No you don’t. I don’t love you. Yes you do. Wah wah wah”

*”Ask him something useful. Like does he love me not?”

*“Do you know what I did to the last guy that called me Tinkerbelle?"
"Slept with him?"
Darryl was silent for a second. "After that.”

*"Hard-ons don't make you think less. They make you think stupid. Which makes me think you must have one 24/7.”

*“I looked at our hands, caked and coated in red, but entwined. The pristine moment when they were clasped like that earlier in the day seemed weeks ago.
"Clean." Peter said.
"Can I get a water bottle or something to clean his hands?"
"No. I'm...clean."
I had missed who Peter was until that very moment.
I had called him names and treated him callously. I had read every micro expression in a vacuum of how it related to Austin Glass. And in return Peter had cared for my wounds, treated me tenderly and assured me that he was HIV negative while bleeding out in a hallway of strangers

*“Then I guess the rest of my life will be resigned to doggy style sex."

*”I already found out that marriage isn’t what holds people together, Austin. And infidelity isn’t what tears them apart.” TRUE STORY!

***BUDDY READ WITH LACI, RATCH, RAIN, RENEE & SHELLY***

***Forgot to mention, this is the first chapter of Cai's book. My lovely LACI sent me the link yesterday***