Second Chances - T.A. Webb

RE-READ & BR MAY 2013 with Amaia, Pavlina, Shannon, Mona, Sue (Mistress), Jahayra, Lisa, Melissa. I missed you Anne!

I have no words to express how much I love this book, even more every time I re-read it.

Can't wait to read Robbie's story!!!

---------Previous review----------

♥ ♥ ♥ FIVE HUGE STARS!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Second Chances is probably my favourite M/M book, it was real, sweet, hard, hot, beautiful and many more adjectives that I could name. I just HATE MYSELF for waiting so long to read this one. I just discovered a new fave author (thanks Monique) and I cannot wait to read more of his stories.

This book tells us the story of Mark. He’s a guy who works in a non profit agency and his life is very stressful: he’s always busy at work, he’s mom is dying and his boyfriend cheated on him. His boss recommends him to go get a massage to relax his body and that’s how he meets Antonio.

Antonio is hot as hell and straight. He loves women, period.

”With me, you get a great massage for an hour and there isn’t any funny business”
I didn’t know whether to say Amen or Shit

Everything I want the world to be
Is now comin' true especially for me
And the reason is clear, it's because you are here
You're the nearest thing to Heaven that I've seen

They both become friends and they support each other as much as they can.

Mark’s family is just GREAT, most of it anyway because some of the members are just STUPID. Antonio doesn’t have a very close relationship with his family but he has a son called Jason and he loves him to death.
But Mark’s mom is about to die. Shit happens, right? I wouldn’t say this is a sad book, hell no. This is a book about HOPE, about finding positive things after all.

And I felt like I was Mark all the freaking time. T.A. just makes you feel like he’s writing his books based on your life even if you are way different from the characters, you just feel their life is your life. And it hurts because it brings you memories and you can’t help it, your wounds will re-open but the journey is sooooo beautiful that is so f@cking worth it. Because this book taught me that life is beautiful and worth it and you need to accept what is coming because better things will come no matter what. But you also need to accept that shit happens and you better deal with it.

It’s funny where the mind wanders when you’re waiting for death to take someone you love

But the show must go on and that’s what I loved about Mark, he never complained, he just accepted what life had for him.

He eventually forgives Brian, his ex and they are happy together but he never stops visiting Antonio. They saw each other every week, for a massage and to catch up on things. Every single week they were closer, they understood each other better, they supported each other…

And something happens but they both keep being good friends although they never stop teasing each other.

”You just ain’t met the right woman yet.”
“And you haven’t met the right man. Or maybe you have.”
“Oh, yeah. I met the right man, all right. A fucking miracle. An angel here on earth”

Let me tell you that Mark never cheated on Brian, EVER. I see it like he obviously felt very attracted to Antonio (and who isn’t?) but he was always HONEST with Brian. The thing is we have this wrong idea about non-real couples who live in la-la-la land and they just have eyes for each other. BULLSHIT!. When you are in a relationship things are not black or white, you don’t feel butterflies every single day after 20 years and you have doubts, you meet new people who make you have double thoughts, you are HUMAN. And Mark was human too.

I didn’t like Brian at the beginning of the book but I just don’t know how I started loving him. Ok, he made a mistake, we all make mistakes and we want to be forgiven. But he paid for that mistake and then he proved his love for Mark so I couldn’t help it and not only forgave me but I also fell in love with him. You get to know his past and you understand that is also needs love.

As the time goes by Mark gets a new job in Hope House, a place for children in foster care and we meet a very special person called Robbie. He was one of my favourite characters. This kid had a horrible life but he was always respectful and in need of love.

It took a village to raise a child, and it took a rainbow of colors to make them feel at home and comfortable

And their lives go on but as usual things and shit happens and everything changes. I know sometimes is hard but that’s life and we have to accept what’s coming. We need to be happy with what we have and we need to let go.

I know you guys won’t be disappointed with this book because you’re are gonna love the journey. You are gonna feel you are Mark and you’re gonna think that the author is talking about your life sometimes and that’s just awesome because you feel that you are part of the story.

But life will always give you a second chance and you need to grab it and make the best of it. Never look back and try your best to be happy.

”The guy who would do anything to deserve a man like you”

This book taught me about forgiveness, family, love, loss and second chances…

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again

NOTE: As you already know we are starting an EPIC buddy read for this book on Monday 1st April. If you want to join us you just need to visit the thread and meet your fellow readers. It’s going to be AWESOME and I promise you guys will love the book:

This is the playlist in case you want to listen to these songs while reading:

Waiting for a Superman - Iron and Wine
Takes My Breath Away - Tuck and Patti
Kiss Me - Ed Sheeran
Our House - CSNY
Annie's Song - John Denver

BOOK 2 is probably being released this year, I’ll confirm the date as soon as I know. I CAN’T freaking wait for Robbie’s story!!!