Falling for the Ghost of You - Nicole Christie

Falling for the Ghost of You tells us the story of Violet & Zane. Violet's mother is about to marry Zane's father.

Violet is just back from her summer "vacation" and she finds out that her boyfriend has been cheating on her so she's sad and depressed when she meets Zane for the first time but the more she talks to him the more she realizes she doesn't miss her cheating ex anymore.

Why didn't this work for me you say? It wasn't the writing or the plot per se but the sweetness of the story. I loved some parts like the pool scene but once they got together I was bored and rolled my eyes so much it hurt.

I was about to DNF but this one was recommended by friends I really trust so I kept reading and around 70/80% something happened that made it even worse for me unfortunately.

DO NOT OPEN THE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!

So he is her favorite singer and she didn't recognize him in months???!!! COME ON!!! How can I buy it??? *SHAKES HEAD*

I had the feeling the author forced the HEA and tried very hard to sweetened up. I know most of my buddies loved it but this was way too sweet for me.

Once again, I don't think the writing was bad, it was probably me who didn't connect with the story at all.

Go check Amaryllis and Joana's reviews, they loved it: